Video Production is truly an exciting field with so many directions that you can go. From news gathering to movie production to capturing memories that will last a lifetime, the only limitation is your imagination. With the use of computers, we can now have a full movie studio in a home office. What once would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars can now be had for a fraction of that. Video production has gone from a novel idea to a necessity in today's culture in less than 100 years. Just think, many of your grandparents grew up without a TV. Now, it is part of our daily life. Whether it is a news program, a movie, or a YouTube video, nearly every one watches some sort of video
The purpose of this field trip is to explore some basic video production equipment. Many of the items used in video production are simply not available to go "play with" unless you live in a major metropolitan area (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, etc). Obviously, we will not be able to explore every piece of essential equipment (microphones, lighting, tripods, etc), but this will at least give us a place to start.
The equipment that we will be exploring is as follows:
- The Video Camera
- Non Linear Editing Software
- Adobe After Effects
- Video Switcher
You are to use the tabs at the top of the page to explore each of the items above. After you have completed the virtual tour, you will create a video production company. You will decide what kind of video production you will focus on (movies, documentaries, live production, etc.) and develop a presentation to give to the class. Make sure your purchases make sense. For example, if you are focusing on documentaries, then a live production switcher is probably not a necessity. You are allowed to spend up to $10,000 to create your studio.
- Your presentation must include the following
- A two page paper describing your company and its purpose
- An equipment list with prices and place of purchase
- A power point presentation which includes pictures of the equipment and its key features, the purpose of your company, a company logo, and a company name.
- For the purposes of this presentation, all equipment must be purchased new, you have a powerful enough PC to run the equipment effectively, and tax is not applicable.
© Derek Grimes, 2009 All Rights Reserved • Design by Free CSS Templates.